Page features allow you to add content to your website. To make your features look great, keep them organized on the page. Columns are excellent for this. The ‘Edit Content’ tab allows you to style your page sections by using different column layouts.
How to add columns to a page:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Hover your cursor over the section you’d like to change
- Click the blue ‘Edit Columns’ button
- Choose the column option you’d like
- 1 Column: Full width of the content area (100%)
- 2 Column: Two equal columns (50% - 50% split)
- 2 Column left sidebar: Two columns with the smaller side on the left (33% - 66%)
- 2 Column right sidebar: Two columns with the smaller side on the right (66% - 33%)
- 3 Column: Three equal columns (33% - 33% - 33% split)
To move features or create sections please check out the following help articles:
- 1 column: Use with focus point features such as Music and Events.
- 2 columns: This works well when placing text next to an image, as with a bio page.
- 2 columns, with left or right sidebar: Use the sidebar to display smaller features such as the Mailing List Signup Form, My Sites, or embedded social media widgets.
- 3 columns: Use this option sparingly as it can make your site cluttered. Use this to display sponsor logos, or news blocks. Use a combination of text and images so as not to be overly text-heavy, which can cause the page to look too busy.