This help article includes the following information:
- How to add the Events feature to your website
- How to submit your music listing to Wikipedia
- How to submit your music listing to Musicbrainz
For detailed information on SEO please view our [Free eBook] A Complete Guide to SEO for Musicians.
How to add events to your website:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘Events’ feature
- Use the placement arrows on that page to set the location of the Events feature
- Click the ‘Events’ feature
- Click ‘Add Event’
- Add your event details
- Click ‘Save’
Submit your music listing to Wikipedia
Before you submit an article about your project or band to Wikipedia, it’s important that:
- The person who writes your Wikipedia entry is already a credible Wikipedia editor.
- A good deal of information (e.g. articles, mentions, etc.) about your band or music can be found online.
- Articles and mentions about your music or band come from reliable, independent sources.
- Your music or band is notable in some way, meeting Wikipedia's criteria for notability.
How to submit an article to Wikipedia:
- Open Wikipedia.com’s Main Page or, if you want to write your article in a language other than English, visit the international page and click on the language you’ll be using
- Click ‘Create an account’ to setup your account as a new user and fill out the required fields
- In the search field, enter your artist or band name to make sure an article doesn’t already exist. If an article about your music, band, or project already exists, the article will display in the search results.
If the article doesn’t exist, click ‘Create this article’ on the search page.
Note: If ‘Create this article’ does not display automatically, click the link of the title you entered (e.g. My Band Name) and click ‘Start the My Band Name’ article
Click the ‘Article wizard’ tab
- Click ‘Create article now’
To begin writing an article, make a ‘Userspace Draft’
Note: Click the link on the 6th page of the Article
Type in the name of your article, after “Special: MyPage/”, in the field available OR you enter your article name in the “Go Live Now” field
When your article is complete, click ‘Save’
- Click ‘Move’, and remove 'User: (your username here)/' so only the article name (e.g. My Band Name) is entered.
Submit your music listing to Musicbrainz
MusicBrainz is similar to Wikipedia but specifically for information about music. It’s open source and maintained by the community, meaning anyone can help contribute information about artists and their related works.