You can easily add external widgets or banners to your website. This is known as embedded content, and could be a Facebook plugin, Soundcloud player, Google Calendar, or a variety of other third party features.
How to add embedded content to your website:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘HTML code’ feature
- Use the placement arrows on that page to set the feature’s location
- Paste the embed code into the text box
- Click ‘Save’
Common Errors and fixes:
- Not using https
- You’ve only pasted in the URL (not the full code)
- Using flash that’s not HTML5
- You’re missing part of the HTML code
- The widget is no longer supported by the service
- We cannot modify or provide support for external HTML code. If you have questions or concerns about the embedded feature, or require support for the widget, you’ll need to contact the company that supplied the code.
- Widgets, videos (including embedded YouTube players), and music players do not function in campaigns sent through the Mailing List tab. Most email programs block the scripts required for embedded items to run. As an alternative, we recommend placing a thumbnail image of the video into the campaign and linking that to YouTube directly, or linking it to a page on your website where the video is embedded. Linking to a site page directs visitors from their email account to your website, which could result in them making a purchase!