A button is a website element that, when clicked on, can direct your visitors to important releases, stand-out articles, or contact information.
With the ‘Button’ feature, you can redirect your visitors to a specific page on your website, a track, or an album.
If you choose to add an external link, you can forward your fans to a social media site, a new music video, or a press article. With the email address option, you can add an email address and the button will redirect visitors to their email to send a direct message.
The button feature includes robust display options, so you can make it stand out!
How to add a button to your site
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘Button’ feature
- Use the placement arrows on that page to set the button location
- In the ‘Button’ feature, select your ‘Button’ options
- Button text
- Add text that will appear inside your button
- Link type (external page, one of my pages, track, or an email address)
- External page: add a direct url to an external website
- One of my pages: choose your own page to redirect to from the dropdown
- Track: choose a track from your dropdown
- An email address: add an email address to contact
- Open in new window (toggle on for ‘yes’)
- Display options
- Width (fit to button text, fit to column)
- Alignment (left justified, centered, right justified)
- Size (small, medium, large, extra large)
- Top and bottom spacing (small, medium, large, extra large, custom)
- Button text
- Click ‘Save’
Note: The button will reflect your selected styles in your Edit Theme control panel. To learn more about adjusting your theme, check out our template customization guides or our design overview.