Bandzoogle websites allow you to add only the pages and features you’d like to use. Our page features are the building blocks for your website. These are used to add content such as text, images, video, music, and much more. We have many different types of features to make it easy to add the content you want displayed on your website.
In this help article we’ll cover the following:
- Quantity of features that can be added to your website
- How to add features
- Overview of features
To learn how to move or delete features, please view the ‘Moving and Deleting Features’ help article
Number of Allowed Features
There is no limit to the number of features that can be added to your website. However, certain features limit the amount of content you can add or upload. Content limits are based on plan type. Please view the plan table for reference.
How to add a feature to your website:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Add Feature’
- Select the feature of your choice
- Use the placement arrows on that page to set the feature’s location
- Gray arrow: Places the feature within that existing section or into a new column.
- Blue arrow: Places the feature into a new section.
To learn how to move or delete features, please view the ‘Moving and Deleting Features’ help article.
Below is a list of feature descriptions. Each feature name below is linked to a help article with more information about that corresponding feature. Example: Music links to the ‘Adding Music’ help article.
Title: Add a nicely formatted title above any other feature on your page.
Note: Titles can also be added using the Sections option as well.
Text: Add and format text, links, and lists.
- Image: Add a single image to a page. The image feature includes the option to upload an image from your computer, select a previously-uploaded image, choose a stock photo from our gallery, or import images from Dropbox.
- Image and Text: Add preformatted image and text layouts. The image side of this feature includes the option to upload an image from your computer, select a previously-uploaded image, choose a stock photo from our gallery, or import images from Dropbox.
- Quote: Display a quote or testimonial in a large font within quotation marks. You can add a source and a link.
Video: Embed a video from YouTube or Vimeo. You can use embed codes from other video streaming services here as well.
Note: It is currently not possible to upload a video file directly to your website.
Photo Gallery: Display a thumbnail gallery or slideshow of images. Images are enlarged when clicked.
- Calendar: Add a list of upcoming or past shows in one of three display options. You can also sell tickets through this feature.
- Blog: Add a blog to your website. Add podcasts or videos to blog posts. The RSS feed allows visitors to subscribe to your blog. You can also add external blog feeds to automatically import posts from external sites (WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, etc.).
- My Sites: Display a list of icons that link to various social media and external music store platforms.
Call-to-Action Header: Add a message and clickable button to the header of your homepage.
Note: The Call-to-Action Header is available only on select templates.
My Sites: Display a list of icons that link to various social media and music store websites.
- Site-wide version of My Sites is different than the per-page My Sites feature. The Site-wide My Sites feature automatically adds the icons to the header or footer of your website, displaying them automatically on each page. The placement of the icons depends on your template.
Site Wide Player: Display a music player at the bottom of all pages on your site. This plays continuously as visitors navigate through pages.
- Guestbook: Add a message board to encourage visitors to post comments, create a profile, and upload an avatar that displays next to their guestbook messages.
- Forum: Add a forum to allow visitors to create topics for discussion and post messages.
- Store: Sell physical products, digital files, and services directly from your website.
- Music: Stream or sell music tracks, albums, or EPs. Provide sharing links so visitors can post your music to various social media platforms.
- Donation: Add a donation button to your website.
Note: All Store and Music features sales are processed through Paypal or Stripe -- you can choose to use either or both. All donations are processed through Paypal. All e-Commerce features on Bandzoogle are commission free. We don’t take a cut of any of your sales!
- Custom Form: Add a form with various input fields, option buttons,and checkboxes. Form submissions are automatically sent to you by email. Use this on your contact page to receive message from fans, venues, and industry professionals.
- Poll: Survey site visitors by offering a multiple choice question. Votes are automatically tallied and displayed to the visitor after they respond. Post the question to Facebook or Twitter using the feature’s ‘share’ options.
- Mailing List Signup Form: Add a field to your site where visitors can sign up to receive your newsletters. Confirmed addresses are automatically added to the list of members in your Mailing List tab. This feature provides an option to offer a free album or track download to anyone joining your mailing list.
- Twitter: Display a Twitter widget that lists your Twitter feed.
- Bandcamp Player: Add a Bandcamp player (with songs and albums) that matches your website design. Fans can preview tracks directly on your website, and click on the Buy button to make purchases through Bandcamp.
- Topspin Store: List products from your existing Topspin store.
- Bandsintown: Add a Bandsintown player (with songs and albums) that matches your website design. Fans can preview your tracks directly on your website, and click Buy to purchase through Bandcamp.
- GigSalad Quote Form: Add a GigSalad form that allows fans to request a quote to book you or your band.
- GigSalad Review: Add a GigSalad widget displaying your most recent GigSalad reviews.
- Airbit: Add an Airbit player that matches your site design and allows fans to preview and buy tracks directly on your website.
- File List: Display a link to any files you upload. You can add a custom name and description next to the file link.
- Flash: Add an SWF-formatted flash file to your site.
- Hit Counter: Add a counter to display the number of times your website has been viewed. The starting number can be set manually.
Note: The hit counter is a widget that was popular in the 90’s but is not recommended for modern websites. It also doesn’t filter out non-human visitors (bots). For accurate information on your visitors, use the Reports tab in your website account.